If I had to choose between regular french fries and sweet potato fries, I would choose sweet potato fries any day. Seriously, they are my favorite. However, the deep fryer is not.
Y’all – you can make potato wedges in the oven. And they will turn out just as crispy as any french fry you could order from a restaurant, sans grease!
Note: You can make these into sweet potato “fries” by cutting them thinner and cooking for a shorter time period. I prefer a thicker potato “wedge,” but it’s entirely up to you!
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges (I used one Japanese sweet potato and one regular to mix it up, but regular sweet potatoes will work juuuust fine!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- a squeeze of hot sauce
- Optional dipping sauce:
- I used Sir Kensington’s chipotle mayo for a “chipotle aioli” gourmet type feel, but you could honestly eat these plain or dip in plain ol’ ketchup.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is preheating, cut potatoes into wedges and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and spices.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet (I use Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray to spray all my baking sheets)
- Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Put oven on “high broil” for 5-7 minutes, until potatoes are nice and crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve with dipping sauce of choice! 🙂
*Gluten-Free* *Dairy-Free* *Vegetarian* *Vegan* *Whole30* *Paleo*