If you’ve ever been out to dinner with me and there are brussels sprouts on the menu, we’re getting them. In fact, I’ve made it a personal goal of mine to find the best brussels sprouts in NYC (now THAT’S gonna be a fun blog post). Right now, the winner is The Smith. Y’all. if you’re ever in NYC, GO HERE and get the brussels for the table. Or for yourself. No shame in that game, considering I do it every time.
However, my wallet doesn’t really like this hunt for the city’s best brussels as much as I do, so I decided to play the same game in my own kitchen. And I think I may have found a winner.
Perfectly crispy around the edges and tender on the inside, a little bit of sweet and a lotta bit of spicy, these sweet and spicy brussels are ON FIYAH.
Feel free to use any type of Sriracha sauce, but fix hot sauce Sriracha is a total hot sauce game changer. With minimal ingredients (we’re talking just organic chili peppers, garlic, sea salt, cane sugar, and rice vinegar), these brussels are a mean, green and CLEAN side dish (or, if you’re like me, you’ll eat the entire baking dish in one sitting…)
Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts (trimmed and cut in half)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Fix Sriracha Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with avocado oil spray.
- Toss the brussels sprouts in a mixture of the oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, honey, and Sriracha
- Place the brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and let roast in oven for 30 minutes (until crispy!)
- Drizzle with more Sriracha.
- Almost burn your fingers off eating the brussels right off the pan.
*Gluten-Free* *Dairy-Free* *Vegetarian* *Vegan*