I am obsessed with kale salads. Not only are they delicious, but they’re super filling and perfect for meal prep (especially with the addition of lentils). Kale is super absorbent, so the dressing soaks right in, making this salad taste even better the longer it stays in the fridge!
Sweet Potato and Apple Autumn Lentil Kale Salad
You’ll need (for ~4 servings):
- One bunch dino kale, with leaves stripped from the stems
- One cup lentils, cooked
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice sweet potato and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast for ~20 minutes.
- Make the dressing by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Massage (yes, literally massage) the kale with the dressing until the kale is soft.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Combine sweet potatoes, cooked lentils, apples, walnuts, and goat cheese and toss to mix.
*Gluten-Free* *Vegetarian* *Can be made Vegan*