Grain bowls are my GO TO. Seriously, they are so easy. You take a grain of choice (which is normally quinoa for me), top it with whatever veggies you want, choose a protein, and drizzle sauce all over it. There are so many variations on grain bowls. This one is completely vegetarian, with white beans as the protein source. The cilantro pesto is so zesty and refreshing — you’ll want to drizzle it on allllll the things.
Zesty Cilantro Pesto Grain Bowls
You’ll need (~4 bowls):
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can white beans
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Combine 2 cups of water with uncooked quinoa. Bring to a boil on the stove. Once boiling, cover and let simmer for ~15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is preheating, chop the broccoli, red pepper, and brussels sprouts. Place on a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for ~20 minutes.
- Make the pesto in a blender or a NutriBullet by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, chopped walnuts, nutritional yeast, spinach, and cilantro.
- Make your grain bowl by placing quinoa on the bottom, topping with the veggies and white beans, and drizzle with the pesto!
*Gluten-Free* *Vegetarian* *Vegan* *Dairy-Free*