In case you haven’t figured it out already by the name of my site, I love peanut butter. But not just peanut butter. Cashew butter, almond butter, pecan butter, all the nut butters.
However, this has proven to be one expensive habit – especially since I look for minimal ingredient nut butters (ideally, you should look for one ingredient: nuts!) I also love all different flavors of nut butters – yes, there’s even Sugar Cookie Peanut Butter out there (looking at you, Wild Friends).
I was feeling extra creative the other day and decided to make my own flavored nut butter. And not just any flavor: banana bread pecan almond butter.
I recently got an amazing package from my friends over at Bare Snacks, where they’re turning fruit into baked, crunchy, simple chips. I’m seriously addicted to their banana chips so I thought…why not include them in this nut butter adventure?
- A high-power blender or food processor
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 bag Bare Snacks simply banana chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans and almond on a baking sheet and let roast for 15 minutes.
- Crush the banana chips until they maintain a crumb-like consistency.
- Mix banana chips and nuts in the blender or food processor until desired smoothness.
- Add other ingredients and continue to blend until smooth.
Find a jar of some sort to store and WA-LAAAA! Homemade nut butter that tastes just like banana bread 🙂
*Gluten-Free* *Vegan* *Vegetarian* *Dairy-Free*