I absolutely love Mexican food, but I don’t always love the bloated feeling I get after eating at a Mexican restaurant (let’s be real, you can never stop at just two tacos or a handful of chips and guac…) That’s why I try to find healthier ways to sustain those Mexican cravings at home, including this Cauliflower “Rice” Veggie Burrito Bowl with an addicting spicy chipotle sauce. This dish is low-carb, but still has all the flavors of your go-to Chipotle order (minus the bloat!)
Cauliflower “Rice” Veggie Burrito Bowl
You’ll need (for ~2 bowls):
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (I either buy it frozen or pre “riced” at a grocery store!)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 container plain greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado for topping
- Sauté cauli rice, broccoli, mushrooms, and scallions until translucent. Mix in cilantro.
- Make the spicy chipotle sauce by combining the avocado oil, chipotle peppers, greek yogurt, and salt + pepper in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Compile ingredients into a bowl and top with avocado!