I literally could not contain my excitement walking through Whole Foods the other day and seeing all of the fresh, vibrant spring vegetables. Seriously so much green!
I present to you the perfect dish for spring. This Green Goddess Quinoa Salad will have your tastebuds singing – all the fresh spring veggies (English peas, spring onions, asparagus, riced broccoli, and zucchini ) and savory quinoa tossed with a tangy, refreshing lemon basil dressing.
Green Goddess Quinoa Salad
For the salad:
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 package shelled English peas
- ~10 stalks of asparagus, chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 cup quinoa cooked in 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt + pepper
- Olive oil
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place spring onion, asparagus, zucchini, and broccoli on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in oven for ~20 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
- While the rest of the veggies are roasting, put the package of English peas in a saucepan of boiling water for ~10 minutes, until tender.
- Remove vegetables from the oven. Place the spring onion, asparagus, and zucchini aside.
- Put broccoli in a food processor and pulse until the broccoli resembles “rice.”
- Mix the vegetables and quinoa together in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with the dressing and ENJOY!
*Gluten-Free* *Dairy-Free* *Vegan* *Vegetarian*