This Mexican Quinoa is so flavorful and spicy, and only takes ONE pot to make (which means less dishes for you to wash!) I love meal prepping a huge batch of this and eating it for lunches or dinner throughout the week.
One-Pot Mexican Quinoa
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Tabasco
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings: Avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro
- Sauté jalapeño and red pepper in olive oil until translucent at the bottom of a large sauce pan.
- Add black beans, corn, tomatoes, quinoa, vegetable broth, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down to a simmer, cover, and let cook for ~15 minutes (until quinoa is fluffy and liquid is absorbed).
- Top with desired toppings (avocado and hot sauce for me!)
*Gluten-Free* *Vegetarian* *Vegan* *Dairy-Free*