I posted these on my Instagram a few weeks ago, and needless to say they were QUITE the hit. I’m a total sucker for anything pumpkin flavored (I know, so basic), and adding chocolate makes for the total dynamic duo. Not to mention, they’re low sugar and gluten free.
These muffins are so easy to make (you’ll just need a blender and a muffin pan) and incredibly moist and fluffy. They taste like fall and are the perfect snack or healthy breakfast treat! Good luck stopping at just one…
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
You’ll need the following (makes ~12 muffins):
- 1 can 100% pumpkin
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 4 tbsp. almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 heaping cup of chocolate chips (I used these mini chocolate chips from Enjoy Life Foods!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a blender or food processor, until oats are finely ground.
- Stir in chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin, topping with more chocolate chips if desired!
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until muffins have risen. Let cool for 20 minutes before devouring.
*Gluten-free* *Vegetarian* *Can be Dairy-Free*